The University of Evansville hired Hafer, along with Mackey Mitchell Architects, to evaluate the campus and to analyze their student housing in order to create a Campus Master Plan that would provide direction for future improvements to the campus. As an overall goal to enhance the value and experience to their students, six guiding principles were identified:
• Transform the learning environment
• Redefine upperclassmen residential life
• Build appropriate space for fitness/recreation/athletics
• Unify the north and south campuses through Walnut Street development
• Enhance first impressions
• Foster more vitality and comfort
The Master Plan identified a strategy to renovate many of the buildings on campus in order to bring them up to current standards and pinpoint opportunities for additions to their current athletic complex. A large part of the master plan highlights housing opportunities in a variety of options including townhomes, houses, apartments and renovation of current facilities. Overall, expanding wellness options throughout campus was an important aspect of the plan.