Hafer is a cutting-edge design firm that delivers value to clients by designing what matters most. As a thriving, busy practice, we’re looking to add an interior designer/ interior architect to the team in our Evansville, IN studio. We are looking for someone excited about the possibilities ahead as we grow. Join Hafer’s team of architects, engineers, planners, and interior designers who thrive on working together to create holistic designs for our workplace, education, community, and healthcare clients.
Hafer is certified as a Best Place to Work® by the Best Workplaces Institute and believes great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Hafer offers a laid back diverse, collaborative work culture, with a wide range of project sizes, scope, and types in locations across the Eastern half of the United States.
Hafer provides opportunities for growth and values talent development. Hafer views professional development programs as strategic investments in the firm’s and employee’s future.
The ideal individual we are seeking will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Bachelor's degree in interior design, architecture, space planning, or related field from an accredited school
• 5 -10 years’ experience in commercial interior design or interior architecture.
• Proficient knowledge of Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong knowledge and skill in conceptualization, schematic design, and design development
• Experience with preparing probable cost summaries for interiors work
• Willingness to learn software programs necessary to convey design intent
• Skilled in researching, selecting, and specifying materials and finishes and specification writing
• Familiar with furniture selection and assembling furniture bid packages
• Ability to establish and maintain ongoing, productive client relationships
• Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Enjoys design research, excels at problem solving, and seeks to improve their skills
• Possesses a positive attitude
• Is self-motivated and has the ability to work on multiple design projects at one time
• Is able to work as part of a team without direct daily supervision
• Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED/WELL AP (desired, but not required)
• NCIDQ Certified (desired, but not required)
• An understanding that your opportunities are as limitless as your imagination
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our benefits include:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Cafeteria plan
• Wellness programs
• Paid holidays and paid time off
• 401k Plan and Profit Sharing
At Hafer, we look for people who are creative and enjoy solving problems, while having fun along the way. Individuals who have a positive attitude, passion for great design, and would love to contribute to the Hafer culture, please apply!
Hafer is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and representative samples of your design work in PDF format (no larger than 10MB) to email@example.com