Hafer is a cutting-edge design firm that delivers value to clients by designing what matters most. As a thriving, busy practice, we are looking to add an architect to our studio in Evansville, IN. We are looking for someone excited about the possibilities ahead as we grow. Join Hafer’s team of architects, engineers, planners, and interior designers who thrive on working together to create holistic designs for our workplace, education, community, and healthcare clients.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are:
• Report to the Principal responsible for the individual project.
• Participate in the design direction and develop technical drawings and specifications
• Establish design budgets and schedules to meet deadlines
• While focusing on excellent design and document quality, supervise, direct, and properly sequence the activities of a project team, including all design disciplines and consultants during all project phases.
• Create drawing mark-ups for Project Architects, Draftspersons and Emerging Architects to execute.
• Creatively contribute to the resolution of design or construction issues
• Able to direct the creation of presentation documents and lead client meetings
• Cultivate positive client relationships while working on their projects with a focus on client satisfaction
• Observe construction progress and provide construction administration services
• Display knowledge of industry standards and an understanding of building codes, industry trends, building structures, and architectural advancements
The ideal individual we are seeking will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Professional and positive attitude
• Accredited (NAAB) Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture
• 5+ years of relevant experience in the field of Architecture
• Licensure is required and NCARB Certificate is a plus
• Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Excels at problem solving, and seeks to improve their skills
• Possesses a positive attitude
• Is self-motivated and is able to work on multiple projects at one time
• Is able to work as part of a team without direct daily supervision
• Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED/WELL AP (desired, but not required)
• Proficient knowledge of Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
• Willingness to learn new processes and explore new concepts
• An understanding that your opportunities are as limitless as your imagination
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our benefits include:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Cafeteria plan
• Wellness programs
• Paid holidays and paid time off
• 401k Plan and Profit Sharing
At Hafer, we look for people who are creative and enjoy solving problems, while having fun along the way. Individuals who have a positive attitude, passion for great design, and would love to contribute to the Hafer culture, please apply!
Hafer is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and representative samples of your design work in PDF format (no larger than 10MB) to email@example.com.