St. Mary Church
St. Mary’s Parish realized there was a need for a larger church when they could only seat 350 people, yet had 2,500 parishioners. For years, donations were made until they reached enough to pay for the construction of this new church. For St. Mary’s, they loved their current church that was built in 1904; it held a special place in their hearts. So, it was desired to keep the same aesthetic of the old church into the new church. That desire shaped the new design.
Just like the old church, the exterior was made of similar brick and stone details as well as contains a matching bell tower. The original stained glass windows were also brought over and used in the new design. On the inside, the church includes a nave with a seating capacity of 700, sanctuary with a gothic style altar, choir room, parish offices and a narthex. Parishioners are particularly excited about the narthex which gives them space to gather before and after mass.
Since opening, St. Mary’s Parish staff and parishioners have been thoroughly enjoying all of the space to come together as one to celebrate and worship.